How to get sugar high at home
1 cup white sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
¼ cup water
1 tsp. flavor extract
food coloring (optional)
1. Cover two cutting boards with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Stir over medium–high heat until the sugar dissolves.
3. Insert your candy thermometer into the sugar mixture and let boil until 300°. Say what? You DON’T own a candy thermometer!? Fret not — you can use the “cold water test.” Let the mixture boil down and thicken for about eight minutes. With a spoon, drizzle a little of the mixture into a cup of cold water. If it forms thin, brittle strings, it’s ready.
4. Remove the mixture from the heat and add the food coloring and flavoring. Mix well.
5. Using a spoon, pour dollops of the mixture onto the prepared cutting boards. Press a coffee stirrer into the center of each dollop (you may want to twirl the stirrer to ensure it’s completely covered).
6. Let cool and enjoy the sweet treat!