A Mexican trick to refuel after a long day.
You slowly open your eyes. Your head is throbbing, and you’re nauseous. Your liver is begging for mercy. And it’s only Thursday! But Fling is Fling and what’s done is done. Take a cue from our tequila–drinking neighbors south of the border and make yourself a Michelada. This salty, tangy and ice–cold concoction is sure to cure the ills of both body and soul.
• 3 limes, juiced. Plus a little extra for salting the rim.
• The cold beer of your preference. Ideally something Mexican, like Pacífico or Negra Modelo, but this is so good it can (nearly) salvage a Natty Light.
• Optional: Hot Sauce, like Tabasco or Valentina.
• Use the lime juice to salt the rim of a beer–mug (or solo cup).
• Fill the cup up half–way with ice.
• Pour in lime juice.
• If you’re adventurous, add a few dashes of hot sauce.
• Pour in beer.
• Salud! (“cheers” in Spanish)